Mission: Facilitating education and management for protection of our economic and natural resources.
- Businesses/Industries: agricultural, horticultural, landscape, aquacultural, wildlife, tourism, forestry, and recreational
- Landowners and managers: private and public
- Agencies: federal, state, local
- Native American Tribes
- Non-profit organizations: conservation, agricultural, and land management
- Institutions and Programs: education, research
1. Increase awareness through education about invasive plants, focusing on:
- Sources of invasives
- Economic and ecological effects of invasives
- Recognition of invasives
- Prevention of invasives
- Early detection and rapid response to invasives
- Control and management strategies for invasives
2. Encourages legislative and regulatory improvements that increase invasives control effectiveness.
3. Promote greater coordination between all entities engaged in or affecting invasives management.
4. Serve as a clearinghouse for invasives management strategies.
5. Identify and encourage sources of funding for invasives education and management.
6. Identify invasive species and assess their potential threat for Oklahoma.
adopted 29 September 2009 by the OkIPC Officers and Board of Directors, revised 16 December 2013