11:00 a.m. Hyatt Regency Hotel, Room A, Tulsa
- Minutes – reading and approval of previous meetings records
- Officer and Member Reports
- President Elect
- All other Board Members
- Committee Reports
- Annual Meeting (including Invasive Species specific meeting)
- Membership and Communication (including website)
- Old Business
- Membership sign-up/renewal app
- Member swag
- New Business
- 2018 annual meeting
- Student award presentation
- Kudzu Survey
- OkIPC Mission and Strategies
Mission: Facilitating education and management for protection of our economic and natural resources.
- Businesses/Industries: agricultural, horticultural, landscape, aquacultural, wildlife, tourism, forestry, and recreational
- Landowners and managers: private and public
- Agencies: federal, state, local
- Native American Tribes
- Non-profit organizations: conservation, agricultural, and land management
- Institutions and Programs: education, research
- Increase awareness through education about invasive plants, focusing on:
- Sources of invasives
- Economic and ecological effects of invasives
- Recognition of invasives
- Prevention of invasives
- Early detection and rapid response to invasives
- Control and management strategies for invasives
- Encourages legislative and regulatory improvements that increase invasives control effectiveness.
- Promote greater coordination between all entities engaged in or affecting invasives management.
- Serve as a clearinghouse for invasives management strategies.
- Identify and encourage sources of funding for invasives education and management.
- Identify invasive species and assess their potential threat for Oklahoma.
adopted 29 September 2009 by the OkIPC Officers and Board of Directors, revised 16 December 2013